Thursday, October 31, 2013

Recipe for a bed makeover: My creative space

take one ugly divan bed from the second hand store
add some elbow grease to sand and undercoat
and race to finish it before your daughter gets home
yes, those trophies on her shelf are all her's earned at netball over the last few years
Add a zig zag vintage sheet quilt and polka dot knobs to match her little desk
and you have one happy girl!

Next up is replacing the curtains, stripping the wallpaper and painting and then the best bit... ripping up the carpet!!!

Joining in with Show and Tell

16 comments:

CHD said...

It looks stunning! Gorgeous. Cx

TracyP said...

Oh My!!!
That is AMAZING!!!
Adorable!!

A little bit Country said...

Fantastic job! Love the colours. Such a pretty girls room xo

Kim Houssenloge said...

Oh wow! Looks great. Love the blue and the handles are so cute. Love, love, love the cover.Can't wait to see that carpet all gone. You'll feel sooooo fantastic when it's ripped up. The wall paper is pretty though, I think:) x

Fay said...

It looks awesome! Great job x

Cat said...

What a GORGEOUS girls bedroom so much colour
amazing make over

meg said...

That's lovely! I would never think to do something like that and it makes a huge difference.

Leonie said...

So awesome! what a great happy looking room! And filled with gorgeous things you've made!

Bron said...

That is so lovely...I can imagine the squeals of delight in your house when she saw it. xxxx

Sima J said...

LOVE.LOVE.LOVE!! That wallpaper actually look awesome with it! I love the cluster of paintings on the wall .. the K's are AWESOME and need I say how FABULOUS the quilt is ;-) GOOD WORK!!

Jess B said...

It looks so great! You're such a great Mum, Leonie. x

Janey G said...

gorgeous x

Hootnz said...

What a lucky girl....and a clever mummy...that room is looking lovely and colourful :)

Kylie P. said...

It looks fantastic. Well done

Widge said...

love it! clever lady

thefish said...

Oh my! I love those beds - so practical and with your skills also so pretty! I would love that room! (only mine wouldn't have any netball trophies! I was only ever interested in the skirts!) xxx