Friday, November 22, 2013

Loving life

Hi there! Yeah, I know, I've been away from here for ages... life has been happening, ups and downs galore!
It's fair to say I am over my health this year but the year is not quite over and I have surgery to look forward to, possibly before or just after Christmas.
The last three days I have been in bed with terrible, relentless stomach pains. I faced my fears one night and went off the local A&E for some pain relief. Fortunately, today I am feeling a bit better.

But there is still plenty to love around here!

Surprise mail in the last month or so has blown me away with the kindness of my friends

from my dear friend and creative extraordinaire Jennie

A beautiful picnic blanket & goodies from the incredible Deb, Gillian and The Sisterhood
from the amazing Gillian

We've been raising a little terror (don't let the cuteness fool you)
these two are becoming quite close

 Teaching our kids to fish


Eating from our amazing garden
Renovating
yes those are fairy lights while we have no power in the bathroom!

Eating s'mores

And believe it or not... this is a weird thing to love, but when I went to the A&E a few nights ago the doctor told me he needed to do blood tests. I said that's fine but I'm terrified of any other needles. Like irrationally terrified. Paralysed with fear.
He proceeded to do the 'blood test' and man it stung! Then I looked down and he had very swiftly put in a lure (MY HUGE FEAR). I told him I thought he was just really bad at taking blood, lol. 
But I appreciated his sneaky tactics so much. It meant I could get pain relief super fast, without all the overwhelming anxiety, shaking and tears I usually experience.
Last time I had surgery it took 8 attempts to get one of them in. It may have helped with upcoming surgery (maybe). 

I'll leave you with this

My evolving sewing room....

What are you loving???

Joining in with the lovely Meghan for the first time in aaaages



11 comments:

Jenny said...

Love this post, and love you! It is really good to see what you have been up to the last few weeks but I am so sorry to hear you've been unwell :o( Life is full of ups and downs, isn't it? But I so enjoyed all your photos of the happy things. Will be praying for you and your upcoming surgery xo

TracyP said...

You are so deserving of all those wonderful gifts my beautiful friend!
Love all the fun things you are doing as a family xx And your sewing room!!!! *swoon*

Leonie said...

Lots of good stuff in there :) Hope things are looking up and you are feeling better and better each day xx

gilly said...

I'm loving the look of that pile of fabulous vintage suitcases in your lovely sewing room!
So sorry to read that you're not well & that you need surgery too - hope all goes well & smoothly so you can make a good start to the new year.
Looking forward to our cracker swap,
Happy weekend & hugs,
Gilly xx

Meghan M said...

Hope that surgery is just a walk in the park and that you may have been able to overcome your fears a little this week. Man your kitty cats are cute as! Definitely keen for that catch up Mon 23rd Dec - will be in touch before then xx

Zara said...

Well done on facing your fears. I hope you're feeling well again soon.
x

Bron said...

Wow you have so much going on.....all good stuff except the surgery and blood tests.....hope all goes well for you. xxxxx

Elizabeth Collins said...

Hey Leonie,

I have finally blogged that g-f microwave chocolate slice, you can find it here:

http://www.tofindasilverlining.co.nz/2013/11/more-baking.html

Sammy said...

People who send surprise mail are the kindest nicest people, aren't they Leonie? Oh wait, like YOU!!!
I so empathize with your needle phobia, and that doctor was so sneaky, haha!

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

Ran across your YoYo Christmas tree post on FB and came here to Pinterest it. Thank you for such a lovely visit! May your Christmas be bright and your health continuously improving.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely!
Greetings from Finland!
Ulla's Quilt World
Hugs, Ulla