Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas Gifts : Handmade Cleaning gift packs

Leading up to christmas this year I spent many an hour making gifts.

My favourite handmade gift for giving has to be the practical, yet pretty, crochet dishcloth.


I usually give these with a jar of Peppermint cleaning paste.


This year for my Mum, Mother in law and sister in law I decided to make them a dishcloth each, a bottle of our homemade laundry liquid and a container of cleaner.

I was racking my brain on what to put it all in!

And then I remembered these fabulous baskets Mel was making (tutorial from here).

I had already bought some cotton rope and it didn't take long to make three baskets.




These will be my go to gift this year and I plan to try dyeing some too!!


10 comments:

Cat said...

You know I LOVE these gifts !! !! !!

Egretta Wells blog said...

Hi, I love your baskets of gifts. The gifts are special and the baskets so pretty. I tried making a basket on the machine and it took about 2 hours for me. I first covered the twine with cloth scraps cut into strips. I decided I would try it by hand and ended up making over 50 of them for my church bazaar. Covering the rope with fabric in every possible color or color combinations was lots of fun. I also did many styles and shapes. I loved making them by hand, too.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Fantasitc gifts....

hollymayb said...

These gifts are SO cool!!!! They really are the perfect go-to gift.

I love the baskets and cleaning paste. Perfect!

Leonie said...

What a great gift Leonie - so much thought and effort! Love it :)

Hootnz said...

The best gift! and putting them in the baskets was pure genius!! I love my dishcloth - its got just the right about of knobbly bits to clean really well :))

Kimberley Atkinson said...

That would have been my most favourite gift. wish i was a family member! ;)

dear molly said...

I have seen these basket floating around...some one who sells them paints the rope prior to sewing, they are pretty funky.

Can I ask what size rope you purchased please?

Sorry for all the comments, I usually read blogs on my phone and hence don't comment.

Xx

Kelly E said...

these will be on my list for next year - they are awesome

Neetz said...

Oh wow. Those are just awesome, as is everything you put your creative little hands to! <3 I want to grow up and be like you my friend xxx Luvies xx