Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Crochet Mood Blanket 2014

I'm joining in with this great challenge for 2014 - Crochet Mood Blanket!

Started by Mummy_Stacey (on instagram) this challenge has pretty much gone viral with huge numbers of people joining in from around the world.

You can check out the hashtag #crochetmoodblanket2014

You can make a granny square a day (365) or one a week (52).

I kept changing my mind but finally decided to do one small square a day. Miss 12 is doing it too so its going to be so much fun to do it together!

We have a box of wool from my stash and we have both agreed to just pick a colour we feel reflects our mood that day.


The inspiration to choose small squares comes from this blanket

http://accordingtomatt.blogspot.de/2013/01/granny-square-blanketthe-sequel.html
That guy does the most amazing crochet ^^^^^

I've even learnt to 'join as I go' from this tutorial 

Are you joining in too???

7 comments:

Cat said...

LOVE the blanket you've been inspired by

Leonie said...

Cant wait to see both your blankets take shape :)

Sammy said...

LOVE this idea! And can't wait to see how yours goes. This is on my list for 2015, as 2014 contains 4 planned blankets already. And to be honest a wee bit scared for the year and that all my squares may be very dark in colour- praying not though!

Hootnz said...

Awesome blanket!! I will be joining in too, but I think I'll stick to 1 a week....though I really like the idea of just picking a colour I feel like....although it might be limited to my stash! Got to use the stash ;)

stefani said...

I plan on doing 365 squares. I really love Matt's crochet blanket and have wanted to create one for awhile but I really want to use 27 colors like he does. I don't think I can do that this year though.

Looking forward to seeing your progress on your blanket. Looks like you chose a bunch of lovely colors. What kind of yarn are you using?

Bron said...

Wow great project...look forward to seeing you progress...are you making one together or your own? Xx

rosyhill said...

I am also doing the Crochet Mood Blanket so I cannot wait to see how yours turns out. Your blog looks lovely so I am going to have a look around! x