Thursday, January 9, 2014

For the lovely Tammi : Easy Chocolate Cake (GF option)

This post is especially for Tammi!!

Years ago a friend gave me this chocolate cake recipe and we recently changed it up to make it gluten free.

Because of the dairy and eggs I can't try it but I am assured by all it is SUPER tasty!!!
(you could easily make it dairy free as well by using a dairy free substitute - Olivani in NZ or Nutlex in Oz)

Chocolate Cake

2 C Sugar                                              
2 C Flour (we replace this with Healtheries Simple Gluten free Baking Mix)
1/2 c Cocoa
1/2 c melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs well beaten
1 c hot chocolate (or coffee)
1 c milk

Combine the dry ingredients.
Add milk, butter, egg and vanilla.
Mix together then add the hot chocolate/coffee
Line a large round tin with baking paper.
Bake 180C for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean

When cold ice with your favourite chocolate icing ... or you can do what we did with the cake at the top - cut through the middle and fill and ice with caramel filling and dust with shaved chocolate! Yum!

It makes a decent sized cake!
Miss 8 made this one herself! she was so proud!



9 comments:

Fay said...

Yum!

Helen Peters said...

Mmmmm….cake. Looks delicious x

Helen Peters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen Peters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen Peters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen Peters said...

I have no idea why my comment posted so many times. Sorry! :/ Eek

dear molly said...

Oh my goodness, I can't wait to try this! I really appreciate you posting the recipe for me Leonie :)

Hootnz said...

Yum! I'll have to give this one a go :))

Diary of a Flutter.Kat said...

Looks delish!
And haha it's a small blogging world because Tammi is one of my "real life" friends from my days in Perth. :)