Friday, January 3, 2014

On my bedside table

I love books. I am a total library geek.
Whenever we move somewhere new the first thing I do is get a library card.

I've spotted a few blog posts around the internet where people share what they are reading/ library books and I thought this year I'd like to join in.

I'll share the books I borrowed and talk a little about a couple of them.

My recent trip to the library was quite a good one. I went to a different library and was excited with the books I found.

For Christmas I received Bellagrande by Paullina Simons. I have hunted everywhere for Children of Liberty (the prequel) and was so pleased to find it at the library - free to borrow!

And we love Jamie Oliver in this house. This book is FAB!! today I made one of the 'jar dressings' for my salad. So easy! I plan to make more from this and maybe even buy a copy.

What books are on your bedside table??? What library books are you reading?




7 comments:

Helen said...

I'm loving all this blogging you're doing Leonie! I haven't been to the library for the longest time. Must remedy that I think!

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gilly said...

OOh, I'm spotting a few there I'd like to read too. Am always looking for suggestions and recommendations for good reads for my Book Club so I shall follow with interest.
Btw - had lunch at Jamie's Italian in Birmingham today, I agree.. his recipes are all yum!
xx

Bron said...

I love the library too...great way to check out whether it is a book worth buying. I keep my reading list on my sidebar so I can keep track go
F my reading xxxxx

Cat said...

Just spent my Christmas $$'s on Daughter of Blood and Stone as recommended by two fellow bloggers. Also reading While We Were Watching Downton Abbey
by Wendy Wax borrowed from the library

Kimberley Atkinson said...

Next to my bed - 3x John Green (Will Grayson/ Paper Towns/ An Abundanceof Katherines), John Boyne's Stay where you are and then leave; Tim Winton's Eyrie; Khalid Hosseini's And the mountains echoed ; Christos Tsiolkas' Barracuda; Sharon Creech's The Great Unexpected and Elananor Catton's The Luminaries !!!! All unread, all bought or gifts... They sit there while I read NZ land war books for summer university paper!
A terrible library user, but only because I am a librarian and never ever take things back on time and rack up fines!!!!!! Buy thousands of dollars of books a year for school (last year around $10,000 so am basically always buying books....) and quite a few for home.
Libraries and librarians are obviously great though!

Julie said...

I love reading and books too - the library is always the first thing I join when I have moved also. Can't wait to see what else you read this year.