Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Word for 2014

Happy New Year!!!

In 2013 I chose the word COMMUNITY for my word, as no matter where we were I wanted to create a feeling of community around us. With that was the purpose of also reinforcing compassion in our children by teaching them the importance of reaching out to those in need and those around us.

So far the community thing is going quite well and I am sure it is something we will continue to grow this year too.

My word for 2014 is 


I chose LOVE for me. 
This year I intend to learn to LOVE myself.
I am very good at giving out LOVE but often overlook myself in the process. 

This year I will prioritise my health, physical and emotional.
I will learn to appreciate and love who I am, faults and all.

Along with this learning to love myself I need to do some other things too. 

It is a real priority for me to live in an organised space. I am going to give out less and put more into making our home a haven for my family and I.

I am going to discard some negative elements in my life and hopefully allow room for more positivity and growth. 2013 was one of the loneliest years of my life.. I never want to repeat it.

I am going to put any spare energy into those things and people who fill my love tank (hello my sewing studio!)

Have you chosen a word for 2014? I'd love to hear about it.



8 comments:

Cat said...

Hello sewing room !
I like it

I haven't/don't choose words nor do I do resolutions, however, I like the ideas of words .. .. ..

This all sounds really good and positive ~ I LOVE it ~

Hello sewing room !

Helen Peters said...

Great word Leonie! The intention behind is awesome as well. I am intending to do the same in 2014 - love myself and prioritise my health. SO glad 2013 is over…it was a shocker! xo

Miriam said...

Good for you - there is nothing in your life that will not benefit from this journey! Yay for you x

Jennie said...

You give so much caring, thoughtfulness and love to others. Its about time you gave it to yourself too. XXXJ

Janey G said...

wonderful word...i hope 2014 is never lonely for you! my word is gratitude! 2013 was crazy difficult at times for me and i am so excited about 2014 and its possibilities. cant wait to follow along and see how your word journey pans out xxxx

Leonie said...

Yay for you! Hope it's all you dream and need it to be x

Bron said...

WelI definitely wish for you a year or lots more of love....sounds Iike you have some great plans.
I hope you find yourself surrounded by beautiful people to love you too.

Bron said...

WelI definitely wish for you a year or lots more of love....sounds Iike you have some great plans.
I hope you find yourself surrounded by beautiful people to love you too.