Wednesday, February 26, 2014

DIY Spice Jars

We use loads of different herbs and spices in our cooking and I have been searching for the perfect spice jars (to no avail).

I decide instead that baby food jars would do the trick and my kids didn't need to be persuaded to gobble up the contents.

I then soaked off the labels, spray painted the lids with blackboard paint (my new favourite pastime) and wrote on them with a chalk paint pen.

these are the first ones, I am purchasing a few baby foods each shop until we have enough (crikey that stuff is expensive now!)

2 comments:

Ange - Tall, Short and Tiny said...

I'm forever searching for the perfect spice jar too - I like some of the sets you can buy, but there are never enough jars! Love this idea, and that your kids have been eating the baby food!! x

kate said...

Ohh love this idea! Really similar to some I did last year but I'm totally in love with the idea of spray chalkboard paint!! How cool is that!