Thursday, February 6, 2014

Scarf Hanger

A friend of mine was gifted a beautiful scarf hanger from a friend of her's a few years ago and I have also seen them pinned on Pinterest.

When were were in Tucson in December 2012 I found the most gorgeous glass and ceramic knobs at Jo Ann's and World Traders and I wrapped them carefully and bought them home to Australia. And then wrapped them carefully and bought them home to NZ (ha).
My Dad is a furniture maker and collects all sorts of pieces of wood. I raided his wood shed and found a piece of picket fence.
I roughed it up then my trusty sidekick helped me paint it teal.
I roughed it up again with some sandpaper when it was dry.

Then added the beautiful knobs
That was last July!!

Last week I finally hung it up in our room.
Joining in with Show and Tell 

10 comments:

CHD said...

Not only looks great, but a happy reminder of you trip. Cx

Jenny said...

What a neat idea! Perfect for scarves! I love how they sell all kinds of cute knobs and handles in craft stores over here. Am going to be looking for the perfect ones for a couple of end table do-ups, soon...
x

Julie said...

Great idea - mine are all draped on an ole door stopper - of course I need more than one, cos they all keep falling off it.

Fay said...

So pretty (and useful)! I love all the different knobs x

Meghan M said...

So gorgeous - I love it. And I love how often if we have to wait to be able to make something it actually makes us appreciate the finished result even more :-)

Bron said...

Love it...and love the story of how it came to be. Xxx

Leonie said...

So pretty and those knobs are gorgeous! Love these kinds of creations that hold so many memories and meaning!

BigLittle said...

what a great idea, and wonderful to have the memories behind it. x

A little bit country said...

Ahhhhh Leonie!!! Trying to find an email address to say a HUGE thank you. I received my Valentines Swap gift today and am just so blown away. It is filled with all the things I love, bunting, hearts, flowers and chocolate (caramel whittakers is my favourite) - I hope you get as spoilt. Happy Valentines and thank you so so much! Elaina xoxo

Miriam said...

super cute! Love that there are special memories associated with the knobs too x