Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Spun it. Dyed it. Knitted it.



Recently I bought a spinning wheel and must say I am addicted to the gentle rhythm of spinning. It is possibly the most relaxing craft I've ever tried.

I am still learning and appreciate the guidance and experience of the lovely people around me who spin and dye ( especially Talia).

This spin, below, was one of my first. I spun the yarn, dyed it with Grape Koolaid and then I knitted it into hand warmers for my sweet girl. And its like scratch and sniff because they still smell like Grape Koolaid!

There will be many more spinning tales to come on here... I promise x

Hand warmer pattern can be found here : Fingerless mittens
Knitted with : Grape homespun
On : 3mm dpns


Linking up with Currently Creative and Show & Tell

************************************************
Thanks so much for all your lovely comments and support for our Spend Free September post yesterday! It was so reassuring to know others understand and feel the same way.

We are planning to have a de-clutter and garage sale to try and eliminate some of the clutter and also use the money towards a new fence (because the old one is falling over!)

I have made sure that everyone is all sorted with clothes/shoes/school uniforms but if an emergency crops up we'll look at things as we need to.
************************************************

4 comments:

Lisa Stirling said...

very clever x I like the color too!

Cat said...

I'm so happy the spinning wheel is spinning happily in the Waikato and not sitting gathering dust in Auckland!
Go you !! !! !!

Leonie said...

Yay for you! This is looking gorgeous! I find spinning so relaxing but will have to learn all over considering I haven't touched it in at least a year! Beautiful work Leonie x

Miriam said...

love the colour and so amazing to follow a project from raw through all the stages to complete!