Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hamilton Gardens : Our city's best kept secret



This week my daughter and I were so lucky when we met up with my lovely penpal Mel from One Crafty Mumma, and her gorgeous daughter, Bella.

Mel's AMAZING blog is the first blog I ever discovered in 2009 and she encouraged me to start this little space (which is seriously neglected!). Here's my first ever post - but the photos disappeared when I changed blogging platforms!

Last year Mel asked if I wanted to be penpals with her and I was so excited and honoured! So we've been exchanging snail mail for a while which is SUPER fun!

I love heading to the Hamilton Gardens when we have visitors. It's our go-to place. It's gorgeous and ever changing and best of all - FREE!!! So when I heard Mel and her family would be travelling through our neck of the woods and wanted to meet up, I just knew where I wanted to show her.

The gardens were at their most splendid with lovely blooms in every space. They never disappoint.

Hanging out with Mel was like hanging out with an old friend. We just clicked and had such a lovely time. You can read her post about it here.

What is your favourite place to take visitors in your home town??




4 comments:

Melissa Goodsell said...

THank you so much for taking me to the gardens and meeting up. Bella and I had the best time and Bella was wondering if Keeley would like to be penpals with her - but it's totally okay if not :)

I am just hanging out on my computer - the boys are still out riding in the forest with Warren :) Bella and I went to the Polynesian Spa this afternoon and that was fabulous too. x

Bron said...

That is so much fun to meet up...I have never been disappointed when I have met friends in real life for the first time either.....what a treat of an outing xxxx

Bron said...

That is so much fun to meet up...I have never been disappointed when I have met friends in real life for the first time either.....what a treat of an outing xxxx

Hootnz said...

Must must stop there! The amount of times we drive by it! About time we visited!!